Gather your friends and family for the 20th Annual Asheville Turkey Trot!
This year’s race will be virtual due to COVID-19. We will miss seeing your smiling faces, and want everyone to stay safe! The virtual nature of this year’s event will allow for participants to join from wherever they desire and create the route of their choosing! Additionally, participants will be given a full three week period during which they can complete the route. More details below.
- $30 “All-Inclusive Long Sleeve Shirt plus Gator” Registration includes a technical long sleeve and a custom Asheville Turkey Trot Neck Gaiter / Buff. Deadline for “All-Inclusive Registration” is 11:59pm on Wednesday 11/18.
- $20 “Includes Gator” Registration includes race registration and a custom Asheville Turkey Trot Neck Gaiter/Buff
- $10 “Bare Bones” Registration includes race registration and bragging rights. Registration for “Bare Bones” will be open through Thanksgiving Day.
Follow the Turkey Trot Race Page on Facebook
Timeline to Complete Race: November 14-December 6, 2020
- Course is choose-your-own! An email address will be given to you upon registration to send your GPS tracking to.
- For those wanting to run the original course, Race officials will have the Turkey Trot 5k course marked from November 14th through December 6th.
- Original course start turn by turn description:
Start at the island on Woodfin St in front of the YMCA
Proceed toward Central Ave, right on Central to the top of the hill, right on Chestnut St.
Left on Charlotte St. Continue on Charlotte to Evelyn Place turn left. Continue down, cross
Edwin Place to Murdock Ave. Left on Murdock. Continue to Hillside St.
Right on Hillside. Contine up to Libert St. Right on Liberty. Continue straight, crossing Chestnut St.
Remain on Liberty to Orange St. Left on Orange St the right on Chestnut St back to Woodfin St.
Left on Woodfin. Woodfin changes names to Oak St. Turn right on College St. (traffic circle).
Continue up College briefly, turn left into City/County Plaza to finish.
Link to visual map: https://gmap-pedometer.com/?r=7160778
Remember there will be no traffic control. Run at your own risk and be careful. Watch for traffic.
How To Record Results:
After you have completed your virtual Turkey Trot, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Time of day you ran
- Date you ran
- If you use a GPS recording system like Garmin, Strava, etc, send us a link of your recorded route. If you do not use a GPS recording system, no worries! Send us the time off of your watch.
We will be judging photos for prizes (more info on this to come) so put on your Thanksgiving best and take photos of your race attire!
Live 2020 Race Results HERE